Location: Milan, London
Your role and primary responsibilities
We’re looking for an outstanding Data Analyst who can actively contribute to the operations of a fast growing fintech scaleup. It will involve challenging tasks, real technical projects and a day-to-day interaction with the rest of the team.
It is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience at the intersection between the AI space and the financial sector.
If you have a background rooted in finance, computer skills, are a self-starter, highly dependable and enjoy being part of a growing team, then we are looking for you!
Your tasks will include
- Work directly both with our R&D division and with our Mission Control team on data analytics projects using our internal tools, spreadsheets and Python scripts for exploratory data analysis, modeling, visualization, performance evaluation and report generation
- Research and deliver insights related to risk exposures, portfolio construction, and quantitative analysis of the investment process
- Evaluating and interpreting the outputs of the models from an economic and financial point of view.
- Producing clear written summaries of research results.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical fields
- 1+ years of work experience in a industry, university, or government lab, in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
- Strong skills in statistical modeling and machine learning, especially techniques such as bagging, random forests, gradient boosting, hyperparameter optimization techniques, Bayesian models, neural networks, time series analysis, signal processing etc.
- Relevant coding experience in programming languages such as Python (or equivalent)
- Excellent teamwork skills are a must
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them both in team and independently
- Willing to work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones and meeting deadlines
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Knowledge of how financial markets work
- Knowledge of JAVA and Spring framework
- Proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of AWS
- Interest in Big Data tools and framework like Apache Spark
- Flexible smart working policies
- Annual retreat for the team in an awesome location
- Professional development under the lead of a senior member
- Free coffee and snacks
- Office kitchen and common spaces